Thursday, December 2, 2010

Is Love Alive?

My parents are visiting from out of town to see my choir concert this weekend, and they just got in tonight. They made it just in time to sit in on my a cappella practice, which was really cool. I was really glad that they were able to see what I have been spending so much of my time and effort on for the last few years.

On a related note, I am so glad that I have been a part of my a cappella group Section Line Drive through my college experience. It is such a diverse, amazing, talented group of people, and I have had absolutely some of my best musical and friendship experiences through it. A cappella has been a music activity, like playing in a band, that I don't have to take too seriously, where I can sit back and enjoy the music and the people a little bit more. Arranging music has been really fun also, and I have learned a lot about music simply through that. I am so lucky to be a part of such a fun group of people. At first, I was a little disappointed that I didn't get into the other a cappella group at my school, but looking back on it, I would never trade the experiences I've had with Section Line Drive for some other group.

No comments:

Post a Comment