Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Relaxation Music/ Wavelength

Today, I was really stressed out coming home from school, just because of classes, etc. I tried laying down for a while to take a nap, which didn't really help. After that, I got up and made some dinner, and turned on my prized CD of Vlado Perlemuter playing Ravel's piano music. Something about this music speaks to me on a level that very few other composers can. I love the music of composers like Mozart and Beethoven, but I cannot connect in the same way. Even Ravel's contemporary Debussy doesn't have the same soothing, connective impact on me. Another composer that often does have this impact is Henry Purcell. However, as much as I love someone like Handel, he just doesn't speak to me the same way. This is a strange system that I cannot explain at all, and perhaps it is only temporary, but it is quite interesting.

What I've been listening to today:
La Valse by Ravel
Vlado Perlemuter plays Ravel

No comments:

Post a Comment