Saturday, October 23, 2010

Time


I just got back from school, where I practiced for 4 hours. It was fun, and reminded me of how good it feels to put a significant amount of work into something, and to be able to see the difference. It's really a shame that I take lessons during the parts of my life during which I have the least amount of time to practice; if I could practice this much every other day, I think that I would be able to make a great amount of improvement. Perhaps I will make a more concerted effort to practice, or even to take lessons during the summer and winter breaks.

We had our concert at the Hawthorne Theater the other night, which went amazingly! It was wonderful to be able to perform in a venue which had pretty decent sound, and it felt so good that 20 or so of our friends made the trek out there and paid the money to see us perform. I hope that we will get some more opportunities to perform around Portland in the near future. I'll post some videos soon :)

What I've been listening to today:

Songs of Maurice Ravel, performed by Gerard Finley
Preludes by Debussy
Ancestor by Throw me the Statue
The Age of Adz by Sufjan Stevens
Ferris Wheel by the Swingle Singers

No comments:

Post a Comment