Friday, October 29, 2010

Don't be distracted (No, I don't want to feel pain)

I just got back from a concert at the Schnitzer Concert Hall in downtown Portland. It was absolutely incredible; I'll probably put up a full review soon.
I feel like I've gone through a huge change in the music I listen to and the way I interpret it this semester. I have learned about a lot of Renaissance and Medieval era music, which has opened my eyes to all kinds of different rhythmic and harmonic possibilities that I hadn't ever heard before. I have also begun to explore more deeply some of the genres of music that I had only glossed over in the past. As far as popular music goes, I have greatly expanded my capacity for concentrating on the intricacies of the music I am listening to, which is a wonderful new experience.
So yeah, that's exciting.



What I've been listening to today:
A Concert, by Sufjan Stevens!
Songs of Ravel and Poulenc, performed by Pierre Bernac
Schubert's Winterreise Cycle, performed by Dietrich Fischer Dieskau

No comments:

Post a Comment